Tips To Prevent Type 2 Diabetes – Are you suffering from type 2 diabetes? Do suffer from high blood sugar levels? Diabetes is a health condition which needs a lot of care and attention. The irregular levels of blood glucose levels can make things worse. The health condition is connected with a list of issues with slow metabolism rate due to improper use of insulin in the body. Diabetes types 2 are still an early stage which needs good care. In this post, we will tell you some good tips to prevent type 2 diabetes.
A diabetic patient goes through high blood sugar levels. If you have not been taking good care of yourself during pre-diabetic or after gestational diabetes, then you are most likely to develop diabetes type 2. Under, Diabetes type 2, the body stops or produces less insulin for usage. One-fourth of people actually don’t know that they are diabetic and as many as 86 millions are pre-diabetic. So, if you are one of them then you are on the threshold of becoming a diabetic. Know some healthy tips to prevent type 2 diabetes.
How To Know If You Are Going Through Types 2 Diabetes?
Many people are suffering from diabetes and are not conscious about it. Ever wondered why? Usually, people who suffer from type 2 diabetes have symptoms that do not make them feel unwell. Then how to know if you are actually suffering from type 2 diabetes? Here are the following points to know if you are suffering from type 2 diabetes or not:
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- blurred vision
- One may experience small bruises, cuts or wounds that take longer to heal
- You are likely to feel thirsty all the time
- Slow metabolism results to low energy, lethargic feeling and often very tired.
- Getting thrush or itching around your penis or vagina.
- You lose weight without any reason.
- The sensation of peeing more than usual, particularly at night.
People above 40 are more likely to have it whereas 25 for South Asian people. Being obese or fat can make things difficult and cause type 2 diabetes. If you have a suspicion that you are suffering from diabetes, it is recommended to get a blood or urine test. Your GP will tell you better about your health condition.
Tips To Prevent and Control Type 2 Diabetes Effectively
Here are some of the best tips to help prevent type 2 diabetes:
- Lose weight in case you are overweight especially from the abdomen.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol to a greater extent to prevent the problem from developing.
- Eat with intervals and reduce the portion size. Large meals can be bad for you. Add some music which is good.
- Limit on takeaway as well as processed food and foods with high sugar or sodium content.
- Do exercise daily. A small and quick walk can also be good. It is best to find ways to stay fit.
- Consult a nutritionist for advice on what kind of foods should be taken by you and what should be avoided.
- A balanced diet is the main thing to eat. Skipping meals or having improper meals can affect your health.
- You can add good spices to your food like turmeric, cinnamon, Jamaican allspice, black pepper, thyme etc.
- Make sure that your blood pressure level is under control. It should not be irregular or go below 140/90. On the other hand, high blood pressure is bad for your health.
- Do not take too much stress or get too much hyper.
- Yoga and meditation are good for blood pressure, stress and overall health.
- Fresh juice and water are good for you. Drink loads of water.
- Check for cuts, wounds, bruises, swelling etc. on your body and see if they are healing properly.
- Adopt cleanliness & healthy habits which should be religiously followed.
- You should keep up with your annual tests done. These include foot exam, dental exam, cholesterol test, dilated eye exam, urine and blood test for diabetes and kidney problems.
People across the globe who are suffering from borderline diabetes, pre-diabetes or gestational diabetes are more prone to having diabetes in future. Well, they are more chances of you likely to having diabetes type 2. Gear up before you get caught in the endless snare of diabetes.