Natural remedies for weak gums – “Strong roots, develop fruits” it is well said that it is a lot necessary for roots to be strong in order to have fruits. Same applies to teeth as well. Gums are just like the roots of the teeth. It is very essential to take care of them. Even in ayurveda oral problems are given special place. Different people develop different teeth disorders and 90% of them state unhealthy gums as their culprit. Gums can be infected in many ways. There can be many reasons behind your receding gums. Sometimes the soft tissue around the teeth get infected, that’s what called a gum disease and if it is left untreated it may be receded.
Weak gums is consequence of weak gums only. And eventually your gums become weak. In order to treat the weak gums you can prefer some of the remedies listed below:
- Oil pulling: Persons suffering from gingivitis benefit a lot from oil pulling as it helps in reducing plaque. Oil pulling can be done by taking a teaspoon full of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth so that the oil evenly enters the teeth set. Wait for 20 minutes and then spill the oil out and rinse your mouth with hot water and then brush your teeth. Mostly for oil pulling sesame oil is used.
- Eucalyptus oil: Being an anti-inflammatory germicide, Eucalyptus oil helps in enhancing growth of new gum tissue and treating receding gums.
- Salt : Used as a soother in gum inflammation it is suggested to undergo saltwater rinse.
How to do saltwater rinse?
- Take one cup of hot water. Now mix one tsp. of salt into it and mix it well. Now rinse your mouth with the mixture for about 30n seconds. Now spit out the rinse , donot intake. You can repeat this 2-3 times in a day for better results.
- Green tea: For avoiding gum diseases and keeping your teeth healthy green tea can help well. Try having green tea two times a day to keep your gums stronger.
- Peppermint essential oil: It resists the growth of disease causing micro-organisms in mouth. Hence you can directly apply peppermint oil to your mouth in order to avail benefits.
- Aloe vera: It is one of the best remedy for treating oral diseases. Aloe vera gel being injected into gums can treat the gum inflammation and helps in improving the condition of a person suffering from periodontitis.
- Septilin: It is a combination of various herbs guggul, guduchi, licorice and several compounds. It can be consumed either in tablet form or in syrup form. If you are taking it in form of syrup then you can take two teaspoons or you can take two tablets twice daily.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Gingival index can be reduced hence improving the tooth and gum attachment by taking 300 milligrams of Omega-3 fatty acids daily for 12 weeks. They are also good at preventing the chronic periodontitis.
- Tea tree essential oil: It is the best oil resisting the growth of microorganisms that causes diseases in the mouth.
- Turmeric gel: It helps in preventing plaque gingivitis. It is also famous for its anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Hence, it also helps in preventing receding gums.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide when used along with water for rinsing the mouth can help in treating the sore, red, or swollen gums.
How can it be used?
Take ¼ cup of water and mix ¼ cup 3% of hydrogen oxide in it. Now spread the mixture around your mouth for 30 seconds then spit it out but do not swallow. Use it 2-3 times a day for better results.
- Thyme essential oil: It is one of the effective oil that stops the growth of disease causing microorganisms in mouth.
- Brushing : Brushing standing first at oral hygiene. We must brush at teeth atleast 2 times in a day, one at the starting of the day i.e. in morning and other at the end of the day i.e. at night. Prefer using good quality tooth brush with soft bristles which will help you in removing the debris and plaque from the teeth and also from the gum line. Gums can be damaged by hard bristled brush.
- Flossing: In order to take proper care of your teeth flossing must be done once a day. It helps in removing the debris and preventing the plaque.
These all are the remedies can be used to treat weak gums. To have healthy teeth its very important to give equal importance to their hygiene. Keep brushing your teeth when there is a need. Avoid sticky and extra sugary chews.
Never be ignoring on the quality of brush. “Its better to invest in prevention rather than spending on treatment” hence make all the prevention you can make to make your gums healthy.