How To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes – Are you suffering from puffy eyes? Don’t worry we have a solution for you. Many people suffer from the problem of puffy eyes. Also, some suffer from it daily. You may also have noticed that just after waking up your eyes become puffed, also it’s not the case with everyone. Many people are dealing with this problem of puffy eyes. Well here is the solution of How To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes.
Causes Behind Puffy Eyes
Puffy eyes are nothing but the swelling around the eye area. The reasons behind the puffiness of the eyes are:
- Not getting enough sleep
- Eating too much salt
- Blocked tear duct
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes
When we cry, around the eye area the fluid congregates in the eyelids. Cooling and moving the fluid away is how the swelling is reduced. Some of the remedies you can try to get rid of the Puffy eyes are:
Apply a cold compress
Swelling can also be reduced by applying the cold compress. All you need to do is take a clean washcloth and pour cold water on it. Now sit in a comfortable place either your bed or chair. Using gentle pressure apply the wet cold cloth around your eyes.
Cucumber slices or Teabags
Cucumber is best for reducing eye swelling. It also helps in soothing the puffy eyes. All you need is a refrigerated cucumber. Wash the cucumber and cut the circled slices. Now put the two slices on the eyes. And keep it until its coolness is gone.
Caffeine is the best ingredient that helps in getting rid of puffiness. Hence the idea of using tea bags is also not bad as black tea contains caffeine. Caffeine helps in increasing circulation and easing puffiness by penetrating the skin. For trying this put two teabags in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Now keep them in your eyes for 30 minutes.
Stimulate the Blood flow
Blood flow around the eyes can be stimulated by gently massaging or tapping around the eyes.
How to do this?
- In your brow work the pressure points for few seconds after that sweep your fingers from the inside eye corner to outward. This will drain the area that is suffering from inflammation.
- Starting on either side of your nose and working outward tap at your sinuses using two fingers on each hand. You can also feel the movement of the fluid in this area.
- Away from your face, work in a downward motion and gently massage the lymph nodes around your neck as it’s all about moving the fluid
- Continue this for 3 minutes and repeat when needed.
Apply witch Hazel
I am damn sure that your medicine cabinets already had a round of introduction with witch hazel. Witch hazel is best at helping in the inflammation and redness. Hence it also helps well in soothing the puffy eyes. You can use it by applying the witch hazel on the cotton pad and then applying this cotton pad to your eye area. Keep it for five to ten minutes.
Eye roller is a metal rollerball with the help of which eye cooling gels can be applied which can help In dealing with the inflammation.
Take the roller and apply the gel over it and roll it around the eye on the area experiencing puffiness.
Chilled Face Serum or Cream
Puffiness of the eyes can be best reduced by cooling the eye area by constricting the cream after that applying it.
A gel-based and lightweight eye cream will serve best for the purpose. Aloe Vera creams are also best as they have a soothing effect on the eye area. Some creams also come with the main motive of dealing with the dark circles and the puffiness of the eye.
How Can Eye Puffiness be avoided?
“Prevention is better than cure” this applies to eye puffiness as well. It’s better to take prevention rather than finding the ways to cure it. Here are some tips that can help you in preventing the puffiness of the eyes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much if you feel irritation try washing them with cold water.
- A sound sleep is a lot important hence try sleeping for good hours.
- Eating too much salt can also be one of the causes behind eye puffiness hence limit your salt intake
- If suffering from any injury, eye-infection, Allergy try contacting your doctor immediately.
- Avoid smoking as it leads to puffy eyes.
Hence you can Get Rid of the puffy eyes by following these remedies. Also, cold treatments are best for eye puffiness. If you notice severe puffiness in the eyes try finding the reason behind as it can also be an underlying disease.