How is Stress Related To Skin Problems – Skin encounters many problems as we grow. Some of the problems are exposure related whereas some are related to our mental and inner body as well. Do you know that even your stress can cause skin problems? I think you don’t. You might be worrying that what stress has to do with the face but in reality, it does a lot. There are many skin problems the root cause of which is a stress only. This blog will help you in knowing “How is Stress Related To Skin Problems”.
Stress is an unavoidable part of the modern-day busy life, no doubt it is emotional, physical, or mental. It impacts your entire body no doubt it all starts from your mind. While stress-related to work or family issues can be easily managed but the problem begins when the stress turns chronic. Also, there is a direct link between stress and skin problems. Hence stress can be one of the reasons behind excessively dry skin and unexplained rashes in your face can be stress.
How Is Stress Related To Skin Problems?
Well, most of you have come across the mental and emotional effects of stress on your health but have you ever heard that stress is also the culprit of the pimple that that erupts on your skin before a major event? Rashes of acne are the most common skin problems triggered by prolonged stress which can be stimulated before a job interview or due to some personal issues or whatever causes stress.
Well if you are already suffering from the skin problems such as psoriasis or rosacea, The situation can get worse. In various ways, stress and skin problems are directly associated with each other. The body releases adrenaline and free radicals when a person is stressed which increases the sensitivity and reactivity of the skin. Hence the stress also aggravates the skin problem along with causing it to occur. Also, the stress delays the healing process and at times makes it worse if you are already suffering from skin issues. The stress is bad for your hair and nails as well.
Easy ways to ease the effect of stress on your skin
Being unavoidable, stress is not unmanageable as well. You can keep yourself calm, cool, and composed in all situations but You cannot run away from it. Hence here are some of the things you can do to deal with the stress symptoms on your skin.
- Take good care of your skin Even if you are tired, swamped with work, or stressed as neglecting it may be harmful to you.
- Practicing yoga or meditation is one of the best ways to manage your stress level. To enjoy some quality time in your own company, take some time out.
- Sleep is a lot imperative in managing stress. For your overall health and to manage your stress level a good quality sleep of 7-8 hours is important.
More Tips To Overcome Stress-related skin problems
You can handle the stress problems effectively but you cannot avoid the stress completely.
- Take care of your skin, even if you’re tired or stressed. Don’t neglect your skin.
- Exercise good for your skin and the rest of your body. Do exercise regularly.
- Even if you only have 10 minutes take time for yourself to do something you enjoy. Take a bath or read a book.
- Take a walk around the block.
- Breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, or visual imagery are some of the stress management techniques you can practice.
- Get enough sleep. Seven to 8 hours each night is ideal.
- It’s OK to set limits and boundaries to lower your stress say no whenever required.
- Seek support from a friend or a professional therapist or Talk to someone.
Hence stress causes many skin problems. Both medicines and lifestyle modifications can treat stress-related skin issues. No doubt hives can go away in some ways or any other for treatment but if there is pus in the bumps do not underestimate the situation. Well, some underlying health conditions can be the main cause behind this. Consult a dermatologist if your skin problems persist for more than 2-3 days.