Benefits of Daruharidra in Diabetes – Want to know the advantages of Daruharidra or Indian Barberry? Daruharidra is a popular ayurvedic remedy to treat diabetes. The herb is very popular in treating a wide range of health issues. Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic disorders. It creates an imbalance in insulin production leading to increased blood glucose levels. It is a chronic ailment. The herb is good for all kinds of diabetic issues related to skin, eye, and ear. There are more benefits of Daruharidra in diabetes.
The problems related to diabetes can be disheartening. They lead to a multiple of issues in the body. Diabetes is collectively a group of diseases. They are mainly related to eye, skin, blood circulation, imbalanced blood sugar etc, heart ailments etc. A number of diseases accumulate to the diabetic ailment. The herb Daruharidra is the best natural Ayurvedic treatment to control diabetes.
Know About | Daruharidra
Daruharidra is an Ayurvedic herb. It has been popularly known as Berberis aristata, chutro, Indian Barberry, Daruhaldi and much more. Indian Barberry belongs to the family of turmeric. It is also called tree turmeric. The herb is an evergreen spiny shrub. It has inflorescence yellow colored flowers. They bear fruit berries with bluish purple and bright red in colors. They have a resemblance of edible but sharply acidic (sour) in nature.
The herb is mentioned in the ancient texts. The properties are found similar to Curcuma longa or turmeric. It is very effective in cases related to eye problems, skin disorders, ear, throat and other health problem. Here are some of the uses of Daruharidra or Indian barberry:
- The paste of Daruharidra is good to relieve pain and inflammation. People suffering from acute joint pain can use it as a home remedy.
- Indian barberry has anti-cancer properties. This can help against colon cancer.
- The anti-infective powers of the herb are helpful for women and men. It helps cure uterine infections in females.
- The herb helps improve digestion. It helps prevent digestion problems like piles, diarrhea, ulcers, and constipation.
- Daruharidra is very useful for ear ailments like aches and improper discharge.
- It helps intermittent fever especially in cases of malaria.
- Patients suffering from dysentery and low appetite can find it useful. It is a good hunger stimulator or appetizer.
- Using a decoction of Daruharidra will help treat throat infections and rough voice. Gargle the decoction and you will see results soon.
Advantages of Using Daruharidra (Berberis Aristata/ Indian Barberry/ Berberis vulgaris) For Diabetes
The herb has properties matching to that of turmeric. They possess string antibacterial, antipyretic, diaphoretic, laxative, cholagogues, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties and acetic acid. Diabetes related to a number of ailments and Daruharidra is the best.
- It has good healing properties. It can help cure issues like menorrhagia, spasmodic pain and leucorrhoea.
- People with conjunctivitis, weak eyes and ophthalmia issues can benefit from it. It helps soothe and heal eye problems effectively.
- They help in reducing liver problems and toxicity by inhibiting Microsomal Drug Metabolizing Enzymes (MDME) in the liver. Diabetic patients suffering from liver issues like liver damage and poor working can benefit from it.
- The herb has hypoglycemic and antioxidant properties.
- Diabetic patients are prone to sores, ulcers, and wounds. It can lead to scars and infections. Daruharidra has anti-bacterial, antiseptic and many other properties which make the healing properties powerful.
- It helps strengthen metabolism system of the body. It helps in suppression of systemic oxidative stress
- The herb is very helpful for patients suffering from frequent high blood pressure.
- It helps control blood sugar and lipid metabolism in the body. Thus, the herb is helpful in glucose and lipid metabolism disorders.
- Indian Barberry is useful in cases of insulin resistance. It helps to adjust adipokine (cell-signaling proteins) secretion which improves insulin sensitivity.
The herb is very good for your health. The diabetic patients should consult a doctor before taking supplements. The natural form of Indian Barberry is best for you. It helps avoid side effects a later. I hope the article was of good use for you.